Sunday, May 6, 2012

Crystal Clear



(Sam has a slight obsession with his sister's rain boots)

How beautiful is this boy!? I snapped this photo yesterday morning after coming off a 10 day course of oral steroids. Absolutely flawless skin with not a single blemish or hint of pink anywhere. It was great while it lasted. He slept so well all week! Now he is off the medicine entirely, and as expected last night we started seeing traces of red creeping back to the surface. Then today he woke up an absolute mess, fully erupted again and covered head to toe in itchy, blotchy rashed-over skin.

I feel like we've exhausted the allergy angle and route for now, and I'm losing faith in modern/western/traditional medicine (as far as this particular ailment is concerned). I am ready for a new approach and a couple of different conversations I've had within the past week are pointing me toward natural healing and homeopathy type therapies. My Aunt Susan gave me a book called Healing Psoriasis by Dr. Pagano that approaches skin disease from a holistic angle. I can't apply this exactly because Sam is so young but I hope to follow it loosely ... still need to actually finish reading the book to fully evaluate it but the first few chapters have me excited because they are suggesting some things I have suspected intuitively along... basically that this is not a SKIN issue at the core, but an outward manifestation of something amiss internally in Sam's little body. Also, I myself have some eczema/psoriasis (not sure which) on my right hand that is quite bothersome. It started on a small section of my little pinky about 4 years ago, then grew to cover the whole finger, and in the past couple of years has spread further to cover two other entire fingers and is starting to creep onto my palm. It is dry, blistery, and cracks, bleeds, and peels in cycles but is almost always present in some form. If it can spread that much in 4 years I feel nervous about it covering my entire hand in very little time so I am very interested in this healing method for myself also.



1 comment:

  1. Have you read doctor rapaports paper about red skin......?? Here is the link to a teleconference with him talking about red skin.....https://www.freeconference.com/Recordings/ConferenceRecording-11672357-134245.mp3

    And his paper and info is here. http://itsan.org/research-and-resources.html#Dr._Mototsugu_Fukaya

    We have gone down the homeopathic route and the allergen route and nothing helped!! Xoxox Loren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will do my best to reply as soon as possible, but there are often delays as this blog is only a side project to share what I have learned with others. Life goes on with three busy little ones and homeschooling so I ask for your patience. If you want to make sure you do not miss my reply, include your email in "emailaddress at dot com" form and I will email you directly.

Any product promotion or spam including business links are not permitted and will be deleted. Thanks and happy healing.